Thursday, February 4, 2016

'It is what it is'!
  
  In the past couple of years, I've heard and used the phrase, 'It is what it is'.  I understood the concept and the value it could be in ones life, both in mundane experiences as well as situations and relationships of far greater importance. Recently, I was presented with a vehicle that enabled me to understand the true worth of 'It is what it is'.  
  I had been working on a project that required quite a bit of time both because of poor computer speed and the challenges of negotiating the web.  I felt that a delicate balance in my decisions was needed.  For me, that meant excitement, frustration, impatience, and resolution.   After a few weeks, I felt that I had completed the project satisfactorily and awaited an evaluation.   
  The project had to be understandably disbanded but never-the-less was disappointing.  I found myself stating "It is what it is".  
  As I was saying the perfunctory comment, I realized I wasn't feeling angst but a sense of calmness.  That's when I knew I was experiencing an organic understanding of 'It is what it is'.  The beauty of the realization was that I honestly felt acceptance of the disbandment of the project.  I felt an elemental acceptance and was and continue to be grateful for the experience.  
  Another baby step!

No comments:

Post a Comment